FEMA Building Near Completion
- Greenway provided civil engineering services for the construction of 165,000 SF office/warehouse with 4 bay loading docks on 17 acres to serve FEMA’s local operations.
- The plan was designed to meet the General Service Administration’s Solicitation for Offer (SFO), the awarded client’s offer and the local county requirements.
- The plan included standard designs for pavement, parking, water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer collection as well as met the LEED standards as required by the GSA’s SFO for the project.
- The project included coordination with the lead architect, landscape architect, MEP engineer, LEED consultant and security consultant to ensure the site met the stringent government standards for environmental development and security.
- Some of the issues included building setback requirements for vehicles, storm water quality treatment for LEED certification, and additional parking and open space requirements for LEED certification.